Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Loving Two

I love that you are two today.

I love that you can't quite hold up two fingers yet.

I love hearing you scream "Daddy!" in the evenings, ask for a cereal bar in the mornings, and to watch a "show" at various times throughout the day.

I love that you love life.  How you look at books with wonder, sing with joy, and ask to "hold you" when you are tired.

I love that you are high achieving, and hearing you say "Emily do it!" at almost every turn.

I love watching you try to dress yourself, fix your hair, and mimic your mom.

I love your imagination and the way you express it in taking care of your baby, cooking in your kitchen, and in allowing anyone or anything to become a horsey to ride.

I love tickling your back and protecting you after you've heard a loud noise.  

I love hearing you ask for "one kiss" 20 times before going to sleep, and for one more trip to the potty.

I love that you love others, and refer to everyone as "my _______."

But most of all, I love that you love me.  And I love that I love you more.  

I can't fathom what I will love when you are three!

No comments:

Post a Comment