Pages

Friday, May 16, 2014

Baby Luke

"Baby Luke," that's what your sister calls you.
Most days she's excited to meet you.
She looks at your room, your toys and your diapers with puzzled curiousity.
She wonders if you will ever get here, or if you are just pretend.

Your mom knows you are not pretend. 
You keep her up at night and cause her to walk funny in the day.
You cause her tummy to shake when you have the hiccups.  
You create a love inside of her I could never imagine.

I don't know you like your mom does.
But I know you are almost here.
I know that you will transform our family forever.
I know you are my son, my only son, and that you are loved.

Even Bosque knows something is happening.
He's seen our office (his hiding place) disappear.
He's seen the new decorations and furniture.
He's seen us open box after box of things for you.

We can't wait for you to be seen.  We'll all be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment